Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Cherished



Five Minute Friday: Where I write for 5 minutes - no editing, on one word, this week's word is: Cherished, and then link up over at Lisa Jo Baker's website.


Cherished.  It's the thing I most feel in my marriage.  It's also  the way I know God feels about me.  Although sometimes I forget this.  But my marriage, that I feel. I know.  The way he still looks at me after all these years. The way he treats my feelings so tenderly.  The way he still reaches for my hand. The way he longs to enjoy evenings and days with me.  They way he makes me smile at random times of the day from simple texts. The way he loves our girls.  The way he catches my eye from across the room.  The way he enjoys me. They way he helps out around our home.  How he actually does most of the projects I ask him too.  How he listens to me.  And you see -- all these ways he cherishes me here on earth, gives me glimpses of how much God cherishes me. So very much. I'm thankful that I can feel, know and experience this 'cherished'. I truly wish it was something everyone had the chance to know, as well.  How sweeter would this world be, if we were all cherished by just one person?  And I also hope that cherished is what my daughters ALWAYS feel when they think of their parents love for them!  Cherished.  It is a beautiful beautiful thing.  Cherish those in your life today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful way to describe God's love!

Dionne said...

What a beautiful tribute to your husband! I love reading new blogs and seeing others take on the words that Lisa-Jo provides. Your post is simply lovely and I am so glad I stopped by.

Cathy said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving sweet comments! :) It makes me smile!

Mel said...

I love this post, friend...you are blessed! :) Beautiful thoughts and words...thank you for sharing! Have a great weekend!