Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tightrope Walking

Well it's Tuesday and I'm linking up with other God-Sized Dreamers over at Holley Gerth's place.  This week's challenge:
Take some time to play. Do something creative. Snap a picture. Build a Pinterest board. Make a craft. Read a book. Bake a treat. Wrestle with your kids. Whatever energizes you. It can be related to your God-sized Dream in some way or totally different. Sometimes along the way to our dreams we just need a little time to play. It helps us keep going and reminds us not to take ourselves too seriously.
Well Friday night, spur of the moment, we went to the Baldknobber's show in Branson with our girls. You can read all about it here, but let me just say, it's been a long time since I laughed that hard, and boy did it do my heart good to spend an evening laughing with Mike & the girls!

Then, we spent hours and hours this weekend playing on our new Gibbon Slackline (click link to read/watch more about it!).  Think tightrope merged with trampoline.  I am in the process of writing an entire article, with lots of pictures, about the fun we had with it, especially our girls and their friends, to be published Thursday @ The Good Stuff Guide. 

But since this post is about me taking time to play, I'm going to include a few of the snapshots Mike took of me on the slackline.  What you can't see in the pictures is me wobbling like a bowling pin that can't decide if it should fall over or not. What I do hope you see is laughter. It was fun to play with our new toy in our backyard this weekend. And let all the work wait.



And here's just one more picture of the girls, because I had a lot of fun just watching them play too! 


Come on over and join other dreamer's at Holley's Place...

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Hey fellow dreamer!

That looks so fun!!! We totally need one of those at the camp I go too! Thankyou for sharing and I hope you have a lovely week Cathy!! xo

Mel said...

How fun is that? Now I want one in my yard, too! :) Love it, friend. It was so fun to talk to you yesterday, too...we'll have to chat again soon! Have a great week!

Lisa Larson said...

How cool is that? It looks super fun :) BTW, I love all the trees in your backyard! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week my friend! xo