Monday, February 27, 2012

Imperfectly Me

This is one of those mornings that I am fully aware of all my imperfections as a mom. One of those mornings where after the girls leave, I cry - because of all the things I feel I did wrong.  Yelled too much, was too short with them, too harsh, and did I really say to them, "just go out to the bus early 'cuz I really don't want to hear it anymore?!" ugh.

I try to remind myself, no one is perfect. Give yourself some grace. Forgive yourself. It's okay. Really, it is. You get to try again. But it still hurts. And I hate it when I find myself in these moments. And I'm once again thankful that God accepts me in all my imperfectness. He gives me grace.

And then there is the other fact. The girls, they aren't perfect either. They are kids - growing kids - who don't always get it right either - who push boundaries, 'cuz that's what kids do - who are selfish at times - 'cuz that's what humans do - and who fight and argue for who knows why.

So here we are, sharing life together in all our imperfectness. And I know I wouldn't trade it for anything. I just like the sweet moments so much better!

Update: So about an hour after I published this post, I come across this on another blog, "She didn't have to be perfect, because she was perfectly loved. I John 4:8" Oh for truth - Lord, I thank you! 

No comments: