Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Memories

Okay, so we cheated. We did get on the computer this weekend.  But you see, Mike found this old floppy disk that had these letters I had typed on it to him when we were dating, and he found a way to convert them into a word document, so we got to read these fun old letters!  The last letter I wrote on there was five days after he had proposed to me (Jan 13, 1994).

Well the funniest part, was a p.s. on one letter that said "p.s. I'm almost 20!!!" It made me laugh out load as I told him not to worry, I wouldn't be putting no "p.s. I'm almost 37!!!" in any letters to him this year! To which he responded (and is my favorite quote of the weekend) "p.s. You're almost 37 and still hot as ever!!" Oh, for the compliments I don't deserve, but sure make me smile!! :)

Another favorite memory of the weekend was going for a walk at 10pm at night, as the giant snowflakes fell down all around us. Oh the peacefulness of the earth blanketed in white, walking hand in hand with the one I love more than life itself, laughing at our crazy beagle, desperately searching for something to sniff on the snow covered road, and trying to catch snowflakes on our tongues. Simple moments of togetherness.

No comments: