I love the thought behind this 'BUT GOD'. Here's how I've been trying to refocus my thoughts...
- I'm not sure my dreams will ever become reality...BUT GOD dreams bigger dreams for me than I even dream for myself. He has plans to give me a hope and a future. Jer 29:11
- I may fail...BUT GOD uses me still.
- I see the present moment...BUT GOD sees every day yet to come.
- I worry about the future...BUT GOD says, "Trust me, my Child, I got you."
- I sometimes let fear overwhelm me...BUT GOD loves me still.
And then there's these two words. BE STILL. I whisper these two words to my heart often. Be still. Remember who is in control. Be Still. Remember who loves you immensely. Be Still. Remember who loves your family even more than you do. Be Still. Remember who holds the future in His hands. Be still.
So you see, these are the words I've come to claim over my fears. Be Still. and But God. Because my reality is often filled with fear, but I can chose to live and believe in a truth that is even greater than these fears. And as I continue to claim these truths against my fears, it is my hopes that they will continue to diminish over time.
And yes it's Tuesday again, and I'm linking up with other God-sized Dreamers over at Holley Gerth's site...and there you can find other encouragement from others who are facing their fears!