Friday, December 9, 2011

The Merriest Season of All

This blog entry is WAY slooowwwing down my productivity, but sometimes something within me just has to try and capture into words all that my heart is feeling.

Twinkling lights filling the living room, framing the collection of a lifetime of ornaments. Flames flickering out warmth into the room. Four unmatched, unique, childhood stockings hanging from the mantle. Wrapping paper scattered throughout the floor. Memories of this past year being scribbled down onto paper and formed into a "Christmas Letter". Boxes packaged up and ready to ship. Hot chocolate filling me from the inside out with joy. Dog curious about all this 'christmasy' stuff! (psst - she looks so cute in her new Christmas collar!) Centuries old Christmas carols filling the air with promises of hope, love, peace.  Awww, Christmas, I  love you, you are the merriest time of season of all! I'm so glad you come to visit once a year and remind me of all that is truly important in my life.

On a different note...how did I get so lucky to be the mom of these sweet sisters?

No comments: