Saturday, December 31, 2011

Lights! Camera! Action!

As 2011 leaves us…forever…I am reminded that each year I have on this earth is a gift. (This 4 minute, 20 second video is my favorite video from 2011, and maybe all time, which beautifully reminds me of the gift that life is.)  And as I travel home across 671 miles today, I find myself pondering the coming year. I keep coming back to this thought:  I want this coming year to be about putting action to my intentions.

Intentions like volunteering in the community again. Intentions like contacting a publisher or two about book idea. Intentions like spending more one on one time with my girls. And intentions like actually getting together for lunch with a friend. And writing some letters I’ve been ‘intending’ to write for awhile. And having the neighbors over to play cards. Intentions like buying more handmade gifts, or actually making my own.  Intentions like regular exercise and a healthier lifestyle. Intentions like reading my bible on a more regular basis, rather than sporadically. You see, the truth is, I can spend my whole life thinking about doing something…or I can actually do it. Action. That’s my word for 2012. What’s yours?! 

No comments: