Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Choking Back the Tears

Yes, I've been choking back the tears all day. My daughter can simply not be old enough to be touring the Middle School today! And then at bedtime tonight do you know what she told me? She had the nerve to tell me that I can no longer sing "You are my Sunshine" to her because she is 'too old' for that! So, I admit, maybe she is, but after almost 11 years of singing that song to her, it makes me just a wee bit weepy to think that I will no longer get to sing that to her again. She is an amazing kid (both my girls are) and I'm glad I get a front row seat to watching her (them) grow up, but as I said on facebook earlier today, I don't want time to stop, I just wish it would slow down a bit! I'm glad she's excited about being able to join band in MS...and her biggest fear about middle school?! Go ahead guess! There are 4 different lunch lines - yikes! I just wish that was my biggest fear about her middle school years! At least Sarah told me I could still sing "You are My Sweetheart" to her! :)

No comments: