So other than my oak leaves, here were some of the things I paused to notice this past week -
- The almost translucent bright green leaves illuminated by setting sun
- The vibrant bright colors transforming the dull landscape right now - deep purples, bright pinks, fresh whites, and the hundred shades of green!
- Fresh soil under my fingernails (don't worry, I washed it all out in the shower)
- A whiff of honeysuckle floating by in the breeze
- The warmth of the sun kissing my skin (also got my first sunburn of the season from doing yardwork)
- Even the sky has seemed a bit bluer these days - and the white puffy clouds have made laying there looking up oh, so picturesque!
Yesterday included lots of yardwork, today after church might include a long hike - maybe explore some new trails? or perhaps a bike ride - I don't know - all I know is that when these perfect days roll around - the only place I want to be is outside! Nature definitely replenishes my soul!
Oh, and a quick update on the girls. Morgan went to a sleepover Friday night - she slept Saturday from 1-3, then I had to wake her up to leave - she came home and slept from 5-9, woke up and ate dinner - then went back to bed by 9:15 and is still sleeping this morning (8:00)!! I think it was a successful sleepover with 2 of her good friends!!
With Morgan gone and sleeping - we've had lots of one on one time with Sarah (and Sarah was home sick 2 days this past week - so even more time!) I've enjoyed this time very much - Sarah has been her happy, pleasant self (especially so without her sister to fight with!) - she's been so helpful and has wanted to spend her time working along side of us - She's made me lunch twice this past week (mac n cheese - all by herself! and a turkey sandwich) - both were delicious! I love that bubbly, sweet child!