Thursday, January 12, 2012

Wishy Washy Words

There are some words in my vocabulary that I am trying to change. There's one of them: "try". I find myself saying  this a lot "I will try to do this or that..." When really how much better would it be if I just decide that yes I am going to do this or no I will not be doing that?!

The other word is maybe. Maybe I'll check into that. Maybe I won't.  The only time I like this word is when I'm trying to be a bit mysterious..."Maybe...you'll just have to wait and see." Otherwise, I just need to decide and do!

Then there is "kinda". I kinda like that. Well do I or don't I? Why am I so wishy washy? So uncommitted as to if I like something or don't. I really need to be more decisive.

The other word I use waaay too often is "just" as in, Just a minute, I was just wondering, I just want to be sure. It's just an odd little word, that often isn't really necessary...and yet I use it all the time.  I am sure you will find it in most of my blog posts if you just take a minute and look. ;)

There has got to be better words for me to use! To be true to myself and not live life so wishy-washy. Just don't ask me to give up my most profound, "ummm" that I use more than all of the other words combined! Goodness!

No comments: