Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool's Day

Just like St. Patty's day - I LOVE April Fools Day because it gives me an excuse to just have a little fun, enjoy a little silliness with the girls. It's a break from the routine. I'm SUPER Excited about the three-layer sponge cake I made today! Looks yummy, I know.  But really, it's made with real sponges.  Oh, the girls are going to LOVE this! :)  Don't worry I got some real cupcakes hidden for after the fool's trick!


Here's the sideview before I added the frosting. :)
Also, for breakfast, I put a couple drops of food coloring in the bottom of their cereal bowls, then put cereal in, so when they poured their white milk, it changed colors to pink or blue.  For their lunch boxes, I printed up these donut seed packets.  

The girls got in on the fun today too, they secretly 'called me' on the phone -said it was dad - but when I answered they said, "April Fools"! 

I'm always looking for new tricks for next year - let me know if you have any good ones! :)

1 comment:

Danavee said...

Morgan told me about the milk first thing! You are a fun mom!

And as for raw chicken, I'm glad I found a kindred spirit! ;)