Friday, June 25, 2010

Tire Swing

Mike hung a tire swing in our yard last night!

When we lived in Jefferson City, there was this trail we use to walk quite a bit. If you wandered far enough back into the woods, there were these tire swings hanging up. There was actually an entire obstacle area - I think the boy scouts used it. Whenever I was feeling particularly down, I wanted to go to the tire swings because there was something about swinging wildly and free would make me laugh. I don't know what it was, but whenever we were on the tire swings, we laughed - a lot. They were just fun! (This picture was our Christmas picture in 2006.)

Since moving, I've mentioned off and on that I've missed the tire swings. So, when had to get new tires on our truck this past week, Mike saved one of the tires. When I got home from class last night (I'm taking a creative writing class this summer for fun), the swing was up! Just pulling into our driveway and seeing it in our yard made my entire face break into a smile. I hurried inside and then right out the back door with Mike and the girls! And once again, I swung thru the air wildly and free - and I laughed. I'm not sure if I'm more thankful for the tire swing itself or for my thoughtful husband who took the time to hang it up!

No comments: