Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hope

So, I have been needing a bit of hope lately, so I looked up the definition. I like this one: "to expect with confidence". So what if I begin 'to expect with confidence' those things I am needing hope for? For example...

I will expect with confidence that my kids will grow up to be happy, productive individuals, who love God...despite the fact that I have no manual to raise them and half the time I am wondering if I am doing anything right!

I will expect with confidence that the perfect job will open up for me this fall...even though I want to worry about it when I look at our budget and the fact that we are needing a new vehicle. We have 2 trips to MI and NY this summer and one car has over 200,000 miles and the other over 150,000 miles. Guess I am also expecting with confidence that our vehicles will safely get us to our destinations to visit our families!

I will expect with confidence that the deep (local) friendships I desire are just around the corner...despite the fact that it's been two years since we've moved and I am still struggling to let down barriers in my heart.

I will expect with confidence that the desires God has placed in my heart are there for a reason and at the right time I will have the opportunity to pursue those dreams...despite the fact that it feels like they might always remain just dreams.

Yes, today, if nothing more, I will 'expect with confidence', and for today, I am hopeful that it will be the encouragement that I am needing.

No comments: