Thursday, June 17, 2010

Halfway

I am usually excited when birthdays roll around. I love celebrating them, celebrating the person who is a part of our lives, celebrating another milestone in their wonderful life. However, this year, if I were to be totally honest, I am feeling a bit sad about Morgan's birthday this Saturday. She turns 9 on Saturday and you see, 9 is halfway to 18...so that means half my years raising her are already done! I shouldn't have blinked...and that means just one more blink and she'll be completely grown up! She is an amazing daughter and has blessed our lives in countless ways. I am truly thankful for the journey I get to share with her!

Morgan chose to celebrate this milestone by going camping with our good friends from Jefferson City. We're bringing a 'tent' cake (compliments of our good friend Darian!) and making homemade ice cream at the campsite. It is sure to be a fun time and I will treasure it all in my heart.

No comments: