Friday, March 26, 2010

Staycation

We had lots of fun on our staycation spring break, especially sharing it with my mom and dad! We packed in a lot of fun too!! We rode the high wire bike at the Discovery Center, painted pottery, played cards and dominoes, rode our bikes to Sonic to get 1/2 price drinks, the girls played webkinz with my mom lots! Mike & I went out to dinner and a movie (for only $7.50!), had a gift card for Red Robin and went to the cheap theatre to see The Blind Side, while my parents took the girls to Incredible Pizza...fun! My mom & I went out to lunch at a Tea Room and then we went shopping. Mike & my dad went out to lunch for BBQ. We saw Alvin & the chipmunks: The Squeakel...I enjoyed watching the girl's reactions to the movie, as much as the movie itself. We all went and volunteered at Convoy of Hope, we packaged food into coolers that were shipping out to Haiti the next day. We enjoyed dinner at Andys (yes, we had frozen custard for dinner one night!) and McCallisters. We also enjoyed sitting down at the table for some healthy, home cooked meals. We ended the week with a trip to Silver Dollar City. They have a new 'thing' there where kids can 'pan' for real gems...the girls loved that! It was just lots of fun 'playing' together and enjoying life together. Yes, this week was about fun and togetherness.

1 comment:

Erica said...

sounds like an amazing vacation!