Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sarah


Sarah's 1st Grade (Patriotic) Music Program was tonight. They sang this song, "You are our Heroes" and I cried. I always cry at their school programs. This is just a sweet season of life we are in.
I couldn't help but think, as I listened to the song, that in my ways Sarah is my hero. There are so many qualities that she possesses that I wish I had more of in my life. The ability to live care-free, to not worry about tomorrow, what others think or even what the next minute will be... she has the ability to live in the moment. She's bright and works hard in school. She reminds me of the obvious (like I really shouldn't be surprised it is raining all week in March because after all, it is Spring!) She gives hugs and smiles easily. We nicked named her sweetheart when she was a baby... and it is the perfect name for her. She is always kind to others. She is just a sweet, sweet child. Her love and sweetness just pours out thru her smile.
Is she perfect? no. Does she have things she needs to work on (like listening and taking care of her things and not being lazy and letting others do everything for her?) yes. But that's what makes her human. I am so thankful for the gift of sharing life with her!
Can I also say that I loved an excuse to put curls in her hair and let her wear my dangly earrings! Sarah, you are so beautiful!

No comments: