Sunday, November 23, 2008

Favorite Time of the Week

I was about to get on my blog and write about how my favorite time of the week is Sunday evenings when the girls and I curl up on the couch and watch Extreme Home Makeover together. It's just become a sweet time that we share. (Mike disappears to the basement for football...I don't think he appreciates my tears with each show!). And while that is still one of the highlights of my week, there is something that is even more special...and that's those few moments I get to put my kids to bed each night...to listen to them pray with a heart of gratitude, thankful to a creator who's given us so much, thankful to Jesus who loves us so much. Yes, I could easily listen to those genuine, sweet prayers everyday for the rest of my life! Oh how I pray that they will understand Him who is Truth more deeply with each passing year and that they will never cease to be grateful for all that they have been given.

No comments: