Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Full House

The girls are still sleeping, and as I enjoy this quiet morning before the day is filled with squeals, laughter, and bouncing off the wall girls, I couldn't help but think about how full my house is. It's quite strange really, since the movers took most all our "stuff" to storage yesterday. But yet, it is full of all that is important to me. I am a wife and a mom. I have precious friendships with friends and family. How lucky am I? It's not really all our stuff that makes life...it is those around us that make life. And I have the memories. These walls are filled with memories. And besides friendships, it's probably what I will miss the most...the memories this house reminds me of. Lots of firsts here...first steps, first days of preschool, then school, first lost tooth, first pets. And yet our next house will be full of great memories as well. So as the unknown future stretches before me, I encounter a strange peace...God's spirit reminding me that I am never alone. He is always with me and He's surrounded me with many others to share life with. And He will continue to do the same. If not lucky, well then, I am certainly blessed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful testimony about how the quality of life is far greater than the quantity of possessions. Thanks for sharing your story! Kim