Thursday, May 22, 2008

Steven Curtis Chapman

For as long as I can remember, Steven Curtis Chapman has been my favorite singer. His songs inspire me, encourage me, draw me closer to my savior, help me cherish life's moments. Mike's & my song is by him and is called "I Will Be Here" , here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGxmudQmnXo

I also love his most recent song "Cinderella"...it moves me to tears. You can listen to it at this link if you haven't heard it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUk5SZ18WhY

To say I am sad to hear about the tragedy that has happened to Steven Curtis Chapman's family, doesn't even begin to touch the surface of the grief I feel for them. (Their teenage son accidently ran over their youngest daughter (age 5) in their driveway. More info @ http://chapmanchannel.typepad.com/inmemoryofmaria/). All we have are moments, because life is so unexpected. At times like these, I'm so thankful I'm a christian and I can rejoice that life goes on for those who choose to trust in Jesus...one day we get to be in the presence of King of Kings. Last year on Easter our pastor said "One day we will have no hope." At first I thought that was an awful thing to say, but as I've thought about it over the year it has brought me much comfort. Because one day, everything we ever hoped for will be a reality...we will have nothing else to hope for because everything we ever imagined will be our reality. Tragedy, tears, brokenness, struggles...no more. Oh what a glorious day it will be to stand in the presence of Him who loves me more than anyone! And yet today I'm thankful he's also given me the gift of tears with which to express some of my deepest grief while on this Earth.

No comments: