Thursday, August 29, 2013

Applying for Jobs: Humor

Today I applied for another social work position. I had to write why I thought I was the best person for the position on the application.  I wrote two different statements. Guess which one I submitted?

STATEMENT A
I am the perfect candidate for this position because my husband said so. And it’s two blocks from his work, so I could eat lunch with him every day.  And when it comes to housing experience, this is our third house, and our 9th place of residence, so I have lots of experience in that area, as well. 


STATEMENT B
I am the perfect candidate for this position because I am passionate about connecting others to resources that will improve the quality of their lives.  I truly believe that helping others secure safe housing is a huge step to help them move out of poverty.  I am a person committed to excellence and give my absolute best, not only for causes I feel passionate about, but also so I can live a life I feel proud of.  Additionally, I have a gentler spirit which allows me to be a person who is approachable and easy to work with, as well as allows me to be a great listener. By listening to the needs of individuals and of the organization I am better able to advocate on their behalf and provide effective services. 

Yes, obviously B, but I had to have a little fun with A, because all these applications can get tedious at times. :) Still excited to see what the future brings! 

Oh, I also applied for a writing opportunity too...I'm really excited about that possibility! :) #lifeisgood 


No comments: