Tuesday, July 23, 2013

It's Camp Week!


This was the picture we snapped Sunday afternoon just before we drove away and left these two adorables at camp til Friday!! They look happy, don't they?

Well if you notice, sweet Sarah (in the pink) has her arm around her big sister.  I think this is her way of comforting her big sis.  Her big sis is super nervous in new and unknown situations. (Kinda like her momma!) I'm not actually sure she smiled for the half hour from when we got there until we were leaving. I'm actually surprised she smiled for this picture. She has a beautiful smile, so I'm glad she did!  And well Sarah, if you know her, she's always smiling her beautiful grin!

But even though she was nervous, timid, I know this will be a good experience for her.  I'm certain she will relax sometime on Monday, and have a great week at camp! (I mean how can you not with a pool, lake, float trips on river, cave exploring, horseback riding, crafts, a snack bar, chapel time and umm, no parents!) But it makes my momma heart ache for her wishing I could make it somehow easier for her in the beginning.

On the flip side, yes, I am doing a happy dance this week...you see, while I love them like crazy, and I spend tons of time with them, this momma needed a break!! A break from questions, from arguing, from whining, from intense attitudes, from setting boundaries, from reminding them to pick up, to do chores, to be kind, to treat others the way they want to be treated.

I love that my summers mean more time with them. Time for togetherness, time for completing our fun A to Z list. But, but emotionally these girls can wear me out! I know I need to take more breaks. We all need breaks from each other. I'm thankful we have one this week!!

----
I'm linking up with Crystal Stine and others today at her Behind the Scenes Tuesday Linkups...

crystalstine.meWHAT IS THE "BEHIND THE SCENES" LINK UP? 

Social media and online relationships can make us feel like everyone else has it all together. We're edited, proof-read, Pinterest-perfect versions of ourselves  (or so some might think!) when - in reality? There is an unfinished pile of laundry around the corner. That cute toddler smiling for the camera just had a massive meltdown seconds ago. That yummy breakfast-for-dinner you just showed us on Instagram? It's because the cat licked the chicken that was supposed to be for dinner. 

"Behind the Scenes" is a fun link up where we show those photos - but tell the real story behind them. The sneak peek behind the scenes, a look past the edges of the photo to the real life behind it. 

3 comments:

Mel said...

Oh, they're going to have so much fun! Wishing you a great week, too, sweet friend...I hope you have some much-needed down time and some special time with your hubby, too! Happy Tuesday! :)

Mia said...

Dear Cathy
My two are both studying at a university away from home at the moment, but I recall how I appreciated when I had a bit of a break! Your daughters are both so beautiful.
Blessings XX
Mia

Paula Claunch said...

Everybody needs a break sometimes! Hope they have a great time and you also!