- We've set record highs the past 3 days in a row.
- We even set a record high for the month of August at 108.
- Mind you this is Missouri in the summer, so add in humidity and the heat indexes are well over 110.
- This is the hottest summer in Missouri in the past 25 years.
- We went to 'moonlight madness' to ride the roller coasters last night. When we arrived at Silver Dollar City at 6pm, the heat index was reading 117 on my phone. When we left at 10pm, it was reading 102 on my phone.
- My air conditioning is set at 82 - and that's still 25+ degrees colder than the outside temperatures!
Yes, I'm SOOO thankful for our central air conditioning!! And I'm thankful no season lasts forever...