Tuesday, August 30, 2011

1000 Gifts. Counted.

Well seven months and 13 days after I began my 'counting' - I did it! I've paused and counted 1000 gifts in my life. Oh, I've probably duplicated a couple here and there, but that's okay, I'll keep counting, and some are worth counting more than once anyway, right? Below is a list of some of the gifts I've included at the end of my list.

Additionally, I was reminded in a phone call with a friend this morning, that every breath, every moment we have on this journey is a gift. This pausing helps me to not take it for granted and to fully live in this amazing, wonderful, sometimes painful and confusing, journey we call life!  

  • Fresh vegetables, especially free ones from neighbors
  • Mike’s ‘sure’ when I ask him to stop by the store on the way home from work for me!
  • Mike sitting down and looking at the girl’s projects when they ask him to.
  • Ibuprofen
  • Weekends
  • Rainbows
  • Daughters dancing in the rain
  • Morgan noticing the sunset tonight & wanting me to pause & see it
  • Walks after rain drenched the earth
  • The gift of calmness I had dealing with daughter’s attitude
  • Joy I find in ‘organizing’
  • Half price sonic drinks
  • All the tools mike owns
  • All the projects he tackles for me!
  • Games
  • Laughter with friends
  • People in my past (youth) who were there for me and made a difference in my life!
  • New friendship
  • Unexpected days of employment
  • Pizza back on school lunch menu
  • A calm and patient husband
  • Sun kissing treetops
  • Wave reflections dancing on boat’s side
  • Mike changing the rhythms of dancing reflections
  • Adoption
  • Mosquito spray
  • Squeals, smiles & laughter of kids bouncing on tube behind boat
  • Longtime friendships
  • Worn out feeling from playing hard
  • Luxury of ice and simple happiness it brings me
  • Smell of aloe nourishing sun kissed skin
  • Slowed down pace of camping
  • Chocolate pudding on children’s faces
  • Smells of campfire cooking
  • Ooey gooey messy fun of s'mores
  • Honesty of kids
  • Red veins on green leaves
  • A husband to hug
  • “Goodnight” moments with the girls
  • Long walks that seem short when accompanied by good conversation
  • God loving me in each of these gifts. 

No comments: