This spring the girls have been busy painting the inside of their playhouse. They finally got *most* of the details added this week, although they still have a few ideas of things they'd like to add. Their good friend Maddy helped them with the painting.
|Maddy's Wall and curtains|
I found a flannel back vinyl tablecloth at walmart for less than $5. We cut it to make the curtains. They are stapled to the wall. :)
|turned couch into a 'bed'|
Plan A: Hot Glue them together. Got first one made and stuffed and then the seem split. Note to self: hot glue does not stick to vinyl tablecloths.
Plan B: Sew them. Pulled out the sewing machine. Actually remembered how to thread it. But it's not working. Then I broke the last needle I had for it.
Plan C: Duct Tape. It appears our duct tape has gone missing. Mike didn't think it would hold either.
Plan D: Sew by hand. Seriously, I hate sewing, but I really wanted to make these. So, the girls and I sat down and spent a couple of hours sewing these. Sarah said that plan D was the best because it was the funnest!
I also found a couple of paper lanterns for only $1/each, which I hung up in their playhouse too!
|Morgan, Madisyn, Sarah|