Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall in the Ozarks

I keep thinking I need to blog...give an update on the girls...like how awesome of a year they are both having in school, how they were both star students last week in their classes, how I just read 2 really great books, "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks and "The Shack" by Wm. P. Young (these are both books I'd like to read again and I'd love to discuss both of these books with someone)...how my new job is going...how wonderful it was to come home from work this week and find Mike folding the 5 loads of laundry I hadn't been able to find time to fold (I can probably count on 1 hand the # of times he's actually folded laundry...It's just one of those things I usually do). But to be honest, I've been a bit tired and overwhelmed working full time and trying to figure out how to get everything else done...finding that new routine...so I haven't' felt much like blogging!

Fall has arrived here in the Ozarks! Today we are going to pick up a bunch more walnuts in our yard (our neighborhood use to be a walnut farm...just imagine how many walnuts are falling right now!) and then go and sell them...the girls have high hopes of making money...we'll be lucky if we even get $2 for them! Oh well, it's been a fun thing to do in the evenings this past week. After that we are heading to downtown Republic to Pumpkin Daze, which is the biggest event our town hosts each year.

Oh yah, I love the fresh, crisp air this time of year brings...I find myself breathing deeply when I walk out the door...it's a great feeling!

1 comment:

Erica said...

I've read both those books, we could dicuss over email if you like. We read "The Shack" for my book club and our discussion that night was very invigorating.