Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Glow-in-the-Dark Balloon Launch

DAY FOUR of vacation was simply about more togetherness, and celebrating Gram's life.  Just before dark we all loaded up the pontoon boats and headed out to the lake.  After darkness set in, we passed out the glow-in-the-dark balloons, sang "This Little Light of Mine" (because Gram lived a generous life and let her light shine) and then released the balloons into the night sky - dozens of balloons illuminating the sky over the lake. It was magical. Breathtaking. A tear in my eye. "Love you, Gram. and I miss you" whispered up. A life lived well. A life who touched countless others. A generous soul. Oh, if I'm blessed to live 94 years, I hope I  live them as fully as she did! I'm inspired to try!

In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16

No comments: