Sunday, November 7, 2010

Morgan's First 5K...You Go Girl!

Today Morgan ran her very first 5K and I ran my second 5K. The morning dawned cold and crisp, as we met up with other racers at 6:30 this morning to get checked in. 
These past 10 weeks, Morgan participated in a program called Girls on the Run. Today was the accumulation of 10 weeks of working hard and having fun.  I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Girls on the Run program and I'm so thankful Morgan got to participate. As you can see from these pictures, she is a tad bit excited about her run this morning, ok maybe her excitement is bursting out of her! It certainly brought joy to my heart too! It was fun to be able to participate in this with her.
 






Morgan and Madisyn - Running buddies in training and friends forever.
 
Darian, who is very special to us and who really is more like an aunt than anything, came to cheer Morgan on in her first race. That's love...coming to watch her at 6:30 in the morning when the temp is hoovering around the 30s! She also brought donuts too!! Yum!!

Here we are crossing the finish line. Morgan actually sprinted to the finish line 13 seconds ahead of me. Something abour her dad promising her $5 if she beat me to the finish line. And me, from behind, with a smile on my face and a tear in my eye, watching my daughter cross that finish line. So proud of her!!  p.s. She finished in 37 minutes at 16 seconds.

"Your feet will take your soul where it wants to go."
(quote on the back of my race shirt)

1 comment:

Danavee said...

WOW!!!!!!!! Congrats to you both! Impressive!!!