Sunday, October 3, 2010

Welcome Fall!

Unofficially, the Guinness Book of World Records Mum is in my front yard. I have NO idea how it grew this huge. I was trying to take some pictures to capture the enormity of it. The mum is so huge that it's blossoms are making the middle split open. I bought it at the PTO mum sale two Falls ago - I think it should be the poster mum for next year's sale! :) Notice the 4' bench behind the mum! Beautiful mum, beautiful girls, beautiful Fall day.









It was a perfect afternoon for a walk at Wilson's Creek National Battlefield. Loved the family time before Mike headed off to KC for the week. I hate it when he travels. Really hate it. So I'm trying to think of what I'll love about him being gone...hmm, no football games on the TV, a bed to myself, and the alarm not going off at 5:30 in the morning! At least I have my parent's visit to look forward to this week, as they are arriving sometime mid-week! With fresh Michigan Apple Cider, I might add!

No comments: