Tuesday, September 21, 2010

pandora.com

I've been loving http://www.pandora.com/ - it's been fun to listen to so many songs that I had forgotten about. If you haven't tried pandora for your music enjoyment - you should! You type in a song or artist and it creates a radio station for you based on that. My list of free radio stations is growing. Just now, I had typed in the song Shepherd Boy (by Ray Boltz) - I realize not too many people know his music, but it stirred something in me many years ago. I don't listen to this music much anymore, but when I hear it, it still moves me. Well the next song that came on was Find Us Faithful (by Steve Green). I don't think I'd heard this song since becoming a parent, but today, I found it inspiring me in this journey of parenthood. Here's some of lyrics:

After all our hopes and dreams have come and gone
And our children sift through all we've left behind
May the clues that they discover and the memories they uncover
Become the light that leads them to the road we each must find

CHORUS:
Oh may all who come behind us find us faithful
May the fire of our devotion light their way
May the footprints that we leave
Lead them to believe
And the lives we live inspire them to obey

No comments: