Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Fun


Ok, Call me old-fashioned, but I still like to make our valentine day cards for school. In the past, we've made caterpillars with pencils, butterflies with smarties, and just plain ole' heart ones too. This year, we made 'lotto tickets'. The kids had lots of fun scratching off their ticket to reveal messages like "U R a-lotto fun!"; "U R a winner!"; "Friends like you are worth more than a million dollars!". To make them you mix 2T Metallic Acrylic paint and 1T dish soap. Spread on contact paper (with foam brush), let dry and repeat 2 more times. Then cut out your shape and place it over the message on the lotto ticket! Fun!
As for their valentine boxes this year, we made 'purses'. We used cereal boxes and decoupaged hearts all over them (1 part Elmer's white glue, 1 part water). I was the official 'heart-cutter-outer' and the girls were the official 'get-our-hands covered in glue' gals. We attached ribbon to the top and viola...valentine purses to collect valentine's in!
You can't see Morgan's shirt, but it says "I love my BFF". When I asked her who her Best Friend Forever is, she said "Sarah!". :) I also like how it looks like Daisy is trying to read Sarah's shirt in this picture! :)

No comments: