Wednesday, July 8, 2009

One Year Reflections

Where has this past year gone? One year ago we were sitting in a new house, in a new town, starting over, trying to get painting done before the moving truck arrived with our "stuff". Here we are a year later, moving on with life. Things I'm thankful for this past year...
  • The easy transition the girls made
  • Finding a job at the schools which allows me to be home when the girls are
  • Mike continues to enjoy his job at the crime lab and actually enjoys the challenges that arise with his new position
  • I'm still married to the greatest husband who is the bestest daddy ever!
  • Good neighbors, new friendships growing
  • Northpoint Church
  • A new puppy
  • A quieter year for reflection
  • I'm still in awe that the God of the Universe has time to meet me in the quiet places of my soul
New beginnings are hard, but they also allow for the opportunity to experience new things, meet new people, grow wiser, and in the end be reminded of all that is really important in life. So if I ever have to pick up and start over again, I hope I can do it with a smile, but for now, I'm going to enjoy the peaceful feeling of calling this place "home".

No comments: