Tuesday, December 23, 2008

One Day

I woke up thinking what a difference one day makes. The temperature has risen a couple of degrees in the forecast, so it looks like it might just be rain and not freezing rain that we will be traveling in. Yeah! My antibiotics are kicking in, so I actually got a decent night's sleep and woke up feeling halfway decent. I also woke up to the laughter of my girls in the other room...that is a beautiful way to wake up! I think they are excited about pajama day at school and the fact we are leaving for Christmas in Michigan as soon as school gets out today. Mike and I are both off today, so I'll be able to finish packing while he loads up the suburban...it will be amazing if we get everything to fit!

Can I also say that for the first time in 7 1/2 years I actually got to be home sick alone. One of the challenging things that I found about being at home with my girls the past several years is that when I was sick, they were still here to take care of. It was so nice to just be sick and rest...all alone!

No comments: