Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Trust Me"

Lately, it seems that I am constantly hearing God whispering to me "Trust Me". There's this older song by Mark Lowry that says "Trust Me and See that I am who I claim to be. Trust me and see I'm the God of authority...and I have the power to see you though". Lately, I can not get those words out of my head.

I keep opening my mouth and saying things like "Why isn't our house selling?" "When are we moving?" "What am I suppose to do next in this next season of life?" "Why are you moving us to Springfield?" "Why didn't that volunteer opportunity work out?" "Why have we lived in Jeff City?" "What am I suppose to do with my dreams?" And I keep getting the same answer "Trust Me".

One thing I love about being a mom, is that it draws me closer to the heart of God. My kids can't say "Give me $5" and I instantly give it to them. Just as I can't say to God "Give me a contract on our house tomorrow" and He will. Am I capable of giving the $5? Is He capable of giving us a contract? yes and yes. And yet I tell my girls all the time "Trust Me"...why, because I love them, and I want what's best for them. I see the bigger picture. In that same way, God loves me and I know I can trust Him. I know His heart for me. I know He sees the bigger picture of my life. In some ways I'm not much different than my girls, saying things like, "why?" and "It's not fair" and "I don't understand". And just as I answer them with hugs, reassurance, and "Trust me", I continue to hear God's gentle reminder to "Trust me". I'm glad He's so patient with me!

2 comments:

Airport Gal said...

This is the verse of scripture that I've memorized and said over and over again lately! Habakkuk 3:17-19. Though the fig tree does not blossum, and there be no fruit on the vines, though the product of the olive fail, and fields have no food,though the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no cattle in the stalls, yet will I rejoice in the Lord, I will exalt the victorious God of my salvation. The Lord is my strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army. He makes my feet like hinds feet and makes me to walk (not stand still in terror, but to walk) and make spiritual progress upon my high places of trouble, suffering or responsibility.
I know how hard it is to wait! And to trust!

Erica said...

That's the most amazing thing about being a parent...really understanding where God is coming from! Knowing the love we have for our children and then remembering that He loves us even more. Wow!