Part of me wants to reminisce about the past - to celebrate all the joy, tears, adventures, love, goofiness, disappointments, and happiness my life has held up to this point.
Part of me wants to grieve what the next decade will bring - more wrinkles, more gray hair, a metabolism that continues to slow down, my sweet girls becoming adults and spreading their wings (that one is bittersweet).
But I am reminded to cherish this day. To celebrate the now. Today is the gift we must unwrap and fully live. Some days I live more fully than other days. Some days I am more giving and less selfish. Some days I love more deeply than others.
I hope with each day of life I am blessed to breathe that I remember to pause and celebrate Him who gives me life; and, that my heart breaks for the things that break His heart; and, that I love extravagantly the way He does.
This past week has been a beautiful week of celebrating. Here's pausing to capture some of it...
- A sister who spent 4 days celebrating with me -- relaxing, spa time, Lady Antebellum
- An (early) birthday dinner with my parents and sister
- The girls (and Mike) filling our home with black balloons and streamers when I returned
- Neighbor across the street throwing us a little birthday party
- Friend mailing me a handmade / heartmade gift (a knit cowl)
- Sweet heartfelt birthday cards
- A precious, hand written note from my mom to start my day
- Early morning snuggles with Sarah
- Listening to Morgan busy in kitchen at 6:30am working on my masterpiece of a birthday cake. (Darn, I have to stay in bed til she finishes!)
- Mike making me laugh before he left for work this morning
And it's only 7am! So much happiness in this day. Thankful for this first day of a new decade!