Here are a few random notes from today's talk.
- There may be 'hell' on earth, but we can bring a little bit of heaven.
- Don't ask, Where is God (when you see hurting and brokenness and injustice in the world)? But rather ask, where am I? What am I doing to bring a bit of heaven to earth?
- Proverbs 31: 8-9 Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy.
- Find where God's heart is. And join him there. And throughout scripture you see that his heart is with the poor and broken.
- I am in the center of God's will when I am in the midst of the poor and hurting. Matt 25: 35-40
- And what if we get this thing right? What if we really are the hands and feet of Christ and love others well in our world? After I got home I read a beautiful example of this on a blog, and you can read about it here. One person, stepping out of her comfort zone, and loving those hurting and broken with the love of God. Beautiful. Inspiring. God can bring healing and hope to others when we choose to act.