Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter


What a beautiful day today was (and I'm not talking about the weather!). This morning began with the girls searching for candy eggs in the house and then we headed out for church. I actually thought I would miss Easter at Woodcrest... but Northpoint's Easter service was so moving that tears snuck out near the end. Oh the message of Easter... that of a creator that loves us so much that he pursues us throughout our lives. I thought Northpoint captured so well the heart of God towards us in their Easter service and I loved every moment of it... from the 3D glasses, to Slumdog Millionaire clips and dance, to the message and the worship "Oh, happy day!". I love that the girls are always excited when we leave church and eager to tell us what they are learning.


We returned home to a treasure hunt to find their Easter baskets (the baskets were hiding in the dryer). We then finished preparing Easter dinner and Darian (our friend and sitter) joined us for dinner and a relaxing afternoon. We all smile and laugh a lot when Darian is around and enjoy her company very much! Morgan said her favorite part of the day was Darian coming over and Sarah said hers was the treasure hunt. My favorite part was being moved by the love of my Creator once again. I love this life I get to live!

Oh yah, did you notice Sarah's new toothless grin?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really nice day :). Those are cute pictures of Sarah and Morgan.

-Julie

Erica said...

We sang "o happy day" at Journey too! What a great song...I was fortunate enough to be on the worship team and singing that song is so fun! We also hid the girls baskets in the dryer! Funny!