Friday, March 27, 2009

Spring Break

Wow, it's hard to believe it's Friday of Spring Break already. My parents have been here for the past week and we made lots of good memories...playing cards, going to Silver Dollar City, eating out almost every day (yum!), going to Incredible Pizza, watching movies, going for walks. Sadly, all good things come to an end and they are heading home now!

Another part of Spring Break I've really enjoyed are lazy, relaxing mornings! I've been able to read my bible, read a novel (still hope to finish it this weekend) and write/journal. Below is an excerpt from my journal earlier his week:
The birds chirping. Morgan talking with Grandma. Dad chuckling about something. The microwave beeping. Water running. Dad and Mike talking about lawnmowers. The fan from the heater blowing. Cupboards closing. Sarah sharing, exaggerating "all". Drawers opening. Hot Cocoa being stirred. Silverware clanking.

Oh, the power of being still and listening. My life is full as I lay here in bed this morning and just listen to the sounds of the house waking up. I am reminded of how much I have to be thankful for.

And this moment ends with Morgan crawling up in bed with me and reading these words....I never realized what a beautiful sound that was - my daughter reading my own written words -- until this moment.

1 comment:

Airport Gal said...

Thank you for the little glimpse into your thoughts! What a lovely way to view the beginning of the morning!