Saturday, May 1, 2010

Race Day - Part 2

I am still in disbelief. Not only did I finish the race, but I am sitting here typing with a medal around my neck! I placed 3rd in my age group today!! I finished in 30 min 32 sec! Not bad for my first race ever. I never ever thought I could run...and yet with determination and hard work, I did it! I'm not saying it was fun. I literally thought my legs were going to collapse out from under me the last 1/4 of a mile...but they held me up and got me across the finish line! I just kept saying "Winners never quit and quitters never win...keep moving....it will be over soon!" It also took me at least 10-15 minutes to catch my breath afterwards. I will say that I feel a deep satisfaction in accomplishing that which I set out to do. And I'm thankful that Mike shared the journey with me and finished strong, as well. Lastly, I am thankful that Darian spent her Saturday morning hanging out with the girls at the 5k so we could run and they could share in the experience with us! And I'm thankful to Emily for cheering me on! :) Oh yah, I won a door prize too! fun! Here are a couple of pics before running the Habitat for Humanity 5k today.



And of me with my medal back at home. Think I'm spending the rest of the day on the couch reading a good book!

No comments: