Saturday, June 12, 2010

Unstoppable

Our pastor, Tommy Sparger, has a passion and a devotion that is nothing short of inspiring. It is no wonder he is the pastor of the 9th largest growing church in America and that North Point, which began around the time Sarah was born is already ministering to over 4,000 people every week. This weekend's message was particularly inspiring to me, so I wanted to write it down, so that I didn't forget! It was about being an Unstoppable Person (because in order to have an unstoppable church, it must be made up of unstoppable people!) Mathew 5:13-16
  • Compassion - Does my heart break for the things that break God's Heart?
  • Sacrificial Generosity - Breaks the back of materialism. Make it a lifestyle.
  • Healthy Discontent - Do I look at the world and want to change what is broken about it? AND what am I doing about it?
  • Active Dependence - John 15:5 Depend on God, but not in a passive way. Be aggressive, productive and self-motivated.
  • Servant hood - Breaks the back of selfishness.
God, show me where I can grow in these five areas AND help me to take action to change!

No comments: