Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What Matters Most

Several years ago, when I attended a Hearts At Home conference, I heard Mary Byers speak. I've been on her mailing list ever since. Sometimes I read her emails, sometimes I don't, depending on how busy I am when they arrive. Today I paused to read her words and they spoke to me. I wanted to blog about them, so I can reflect again on them later. She wrote:
That's my message to you this month: as your children change, you need to change, too. Partly to be what they need as they grow, but also to be the woman God created you to be. It doesn't serve our children well if we hold ourselves back.

Spring is a time of renewal and new growth. As we enter this season, I encourage you to pause, close your eyes, and ask, "What matters most?" Not just for your children, but for you as well.
I think I need to spend some quiet time reflecting on these thoughts.

No comments: